Registered Nurse - Mental Health
- General Medicine
- Band 5
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Cross Site: Royal Derby Hospital / Queens Hospital Burton
- Derby / Burton-on-Trent
- £24,907 - £30,615 pa
- 28/01/2021 23:59
There has never been a better time to come and work at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust was formed on 1 July 2018 to bring together our five hospitals – in Derby, Burton, Lichfield and Tamworth – to provide the highest quality care to patients across southern Derbyshire and south east Staffordshire.
With over 13,000 members of staff you can expect huge variety and new opportunities every day! Our staff go above and beyond and take pride in caring for our patients.
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust is fully committed to promoting inclusion, equality, diversity and human rights in employment and delivery of its services. The Trust is committed to providing an environment where all employees, patients, carers and visitors experience equality of opportunity by means of understanding and appreciating the value of diversity.
As a Trust we promote an inclusive environment and welcome applications from a diverse pool of talent and backgrounds. All individuals are valued and given every opportunity to succeed based on merit.
The Trust actively encourages applications from members of our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities. These groups are under-represented in our organisation, and it’s important to us that our workforce reflects the diversity of our communities as much as possible.
Join us and help make a real difference to our Trust.
Here’s more about the role and what we’re looking for;
Registered Mental Health Nurse opportunities
We believe that all qualified Nurses have something extra to offer our patients beyond their training and professional registration, from a kind word or a helping hand to providing a positive outlook or going the extra mile. So, at our Trust, we want to work with people who really share our values in continuously improving our patient journey.
Are you a Registered Mental Health Nurse looking for a new and exciting opportunity that allows you to gain experience in a wide range of services across the trust?
UHDB are currently seeking motivated and enthusiastic Registered Mental Health Nurses to join the team.
This is a unique opportunity where you will be able to gain experience within a range of settings, allowing you to broaden your knowledge and expertise within mental health.
You will have the opportunity to work within a team that includes a range of professionals, where you will assist and support colleagues in providing high quality care to our patients. You will be involved in shaping and supporting them to build self-esteem and achieve their long term and short term personal goals by delivering person centred clinical care
We are looking for talented RMN’s who are confident and passionate in making a difference to the lives of our patients living with dementia and mental health needs.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises; this includes Covid-19 secure areas. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or you have been instructed to self-isolate by track and trace and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Donna Bird - Deputy Chief Nurse
If you have problems applying, contact
Recruitment Team, Workforce Management
Rehab Block, Level 3
Royal Derby Hospital
- 01332 786187