Registered Nurse (Qualified)
- Band 5
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week (Various - Full and Part Time available)
- Royal Derby Hospital, London Road Community Hospital, Queens Hospital, Samuel Johnson Community Hospital and Sir Robert Peel Community Hospital.
- Derby, Burton, Lichfield and Tamworth
- £24,907 - £30,615 £24,907- £30,615 per annum pro rata
- 10/12/2020 23:59
There has never been a better time to come and work at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust was formed on 1 July 2018 to bring together our five hospitals – in Derby, Burton, Lichfield and Tamworth – to provide the highest quality care to patients across southern Derbyshire and south east Staffordshire.
With over 13,000 members of staff you can expect huge variety and new opportunities every day! Our staff go above and beyond and take pride in caring for our patients.
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust is fully committed to promoting inclusion, equality, diversity and human rights in employment and delivery of its services. The Trust is committed to providing an environment where all employees, patients, carers and visitors experience equality of opportunity by means of understanding and appreciating the value of diversity.
As a Trust we promote an inclusive environment and welcome applications from a diverse pool of talent and backgrounds. All individuals are valued and given every opportunity to succeed based on merit.
The Trust actively encourages applications from members of our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities. These groups are under-represented in our organisation, and it’s important to us that our workforce reflects the diversity of our communities as much as possible.
Join us and help make a real difference to our Trust.
Here’s more about the role and what we’re looking for;
BAND 5 REGISTERED NURSE (ADULT - QUALIFIED) OPPORTUNITIES
We believe that all qualified nurses have something extra to offer our patients beyond their training and professional registration, from a kind word or a helping hand to providing a positive outlook or going the extra mile. So, at our Trust, we want to work with people who really share our values in continuously improving our patient journey.
We are looking for exceptional and committed Band 5 Nurses who will provide outstanding care to our patients. If you an experienced Band 5 Nurse looking for your next challenge and feel passionate about patient care and would relish a new challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
We have opportunities in a range of specialities, across medicine, surgery and cancer services across our five sites which include: Royal Derby Hospital, London Road Community Hospital, Queens Hospital, Samuel Johnson Community Hospital and Sir Robert Peel Community Hospital.
If you have already applied for one of our specific Registered Nurse adverts, we advise you not to apply to this generic advert.
When completing your application please specify from the paragraph above which site and clinical area you would prefer to work
In return we will offer:
- A variety of flexible working options
- The opportunity to work across disciplines and rotations
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on your specialty.
- Ongoing support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma and Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- On average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- 25 babies are born each day in our maternity units
- We employ 13,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- Annual turnover of £750 million
In terms of location, Derby and Burton offer the best of both worlds – city life on the doorstep of a stunning rural environment. We border the National Forest and we are in easy reach of the Peak District, offering outstanding natural beauty. Centrally located, we have excellent transport links to the rest of the country including major cities.
Advert Closing Date: 10th December 2020
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or are shielding and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Please contact our Recruitment Managers:
For vacancies at Royal Derby Hospital and London Road Community Hospitals contact Kreena Hemraj on 01332 788981 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For vacancies at Queens Hospital, Samuel Johnson Community Hospital and Sir Robert Peel Hospital contact Pippa Gardiner on 01283 511511 EXT 2979 or email email@example.com