Senior Pay Officer
- Band 4
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- London Road Communtiy Hospital
- £21,892 - £24,157 pa
- Today at 23:59
There has never been a better time to come and work at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust was formed on 1 July 2018 to bring together our five hospitals – in Derby, Burton, Lichfield and Tamworth – to provide the highest quality care to patients across southern Derbyshire and south east Staffordshire.
With over 13,000 members of staff you can expect huge variety and new opportunities every day! Our staff go above and beyond and take pride in caring for our patients.
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust is fully committed to promoting inclusion, equality, diversity and human rights in employment and delivery of its services. The Trust is committed to providing an environment where all employees, patients, carers and visitors experience equality of opportunity by means of understanding and appreciating the value of diversity.
As a Trust we promote an inclusive environment and welcome applications from a diverse pool of talent and backgrounds. All individuals are valued and given every opportunity to succeed based on merit.
The Trust actively encourages applications from members of our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities. These groups are under-represented in our organisation, and it’s important to us that our workforce reflects the diversity of our communities as much as possible.
Join us and help make a real difference to our Trust.
Here’s more about the role and what we’re looking for;
An opportunity has arisen in the Payroll Department for an enthusiastic, motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Pay Officer, working a long side a team of 18 exceptional Payroll staff.
The Pay & Pensions Department provides the in house Payroll and Pension facility for over 12000 members of staff. We produce around 120,204 payslips per annum. This includes both weekly and monthly payrolls.
Our aim is to ensure all staff are paid correctly and deadlines are met and that information provide to employees and customer service is to the highest standards.
You will be required to action information and data provided by the Trust in electronic and manual form and in accordance with the Trust policies and procedures to ensure the provision of payment of salaries is accurate and that deadlines are achieved.
As a Senior Payroll Officer in the team, you will be responsible along with other Pay Clerks for a section of payroll and the day to day processing, inputting and calculation associated with providing an excellent payroll service. You will be required to ensure we comply with NHS National terms and conditions of service, Medical & Dental and the local Trust terms and conditions of employment. You will also be required to perform standard office/clerical duties on a daily basis including data input on a bespoke Payroll/HR system called ESR and Allocate E-Rostering System.
You will be expect to have a good working knowledge of payroll, including, PAYE, NI, SSP, SMP, there will also be on the job training available with support from colleagues. An online e-training course is available for the Payroll System ESR as well as offsite training days if appropriate.
It is vital that you are reliable, self-motivated, organised, have excellent communications, numerical and literate skills. You will be able to organise and prioritise your workload to ensure all the work is completed in conjunction with the deadlines. You should be able act on own initiative and have a mature attitude to work. Ideally you will have NHS, HMRC, ESR and National Terms and Conditions of Service and Medical and Dental knowledge and experience. Knowledge of Allocate E-Rostering and Giltbyte E-Expenses would be desirable.
Previous payroll experience is essential - potential applicants who do not have the necessary experience need not apply
In return we will offer:
- The opportunity to work across specialities and rotations
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing Date: 27 January 2021
Interview Date: 10 February 2021
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises; this includes Covid-19 secure areas. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or you have been instructed to self-isolate by track and trace and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Miss Shar Tomlinson, Deputy Workforce Systems Manager
Tel: 01332 258098
If you have problems applying, contact
Recruitment Team, Workforce Management
- 01332 786652