Senior Technical Design Advisor
- Capital Projects
- Band 8a
- Fixed Term / Secondment until 15th January 2022
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Royal Derby Hospital
- £45,753 - £51,668 pa
- 06/12/2020 23:59
There has never been a better time to come and work at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust was formed on 1 July 2018 to bring together our five hospitals – in Derby, Burton, Lichfield and Tamworth – to provide the highest quality care to patients across southern Derbyshire and south east Staffordshire.
With over 13,000 members of staff you can expect huge variety and new opportunities every day! Our staff go above and beyond and take pride in caring for our patients.
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust is fully committed to promoting inclusion, equality, diversity and human rights in employment and delivery of its services. The Trust is committed to providing an environment where all employees, patients, carers and visitors experience equality of opportunity by means of understanding and appreciating the value of diversity.
As a Trust we promote an inclusive environment and welcome applications from a diverse pool of talent and backgrounds. All individuals are valued and given every opportunity to succeed based on merit.
The Trust actively encourages applications from members of our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities. These groups are under-represented in our organisation, and it’s important to us that our workforce reflects the diversity of our communities as much as possible.
Join us and help make a real difference to our Trust.
Here’s more about the role and what we’re looking for;
Fixed Term / Secondment until 15 January 2022 to cover Internal Secondment - Based at Royal Derby Hospital
This is an exciting Fixed Term / Secondment opportunity to work at the University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust (UHDB).
The Capital Projects Department are looking for a Senior Technical Design Advisor as part of recent changes to the department personnel. This role is a key member of the Capital Projects Team and will be responsible for supporting the Head of Capital Projects.
The Capital Projects Department is responsible for designing, implementing and project managing capital schemes on behalf of UHDB from inception through to completion - this includes aspects such as architectural, general building services, data & voice installations, piped medical gas services, flooring, decoration etc.
The team liaise and work closely with all levels of the organisation, including executive and Trust Board level so we are looking for an individual who has excellent communication, negotiation and motivational skills along with all of the professional and technical aspects that this role requires.
As a team we share and uphold the organisation's values in all that we do - if you share our values and feel that you can contribute to our team along with the service we provide then we would welcome your application.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing Date: 6 December 2020
Interview Date: 18 December 2020
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises; this includes Covid-19 secure areas. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or you have been instructed to self-isolate by track and trace and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Miklos Horvath - Head of Capital Projects
Telephone: 01332 785823
If you have problems applying, contact
Recruitment Team, Workforce Management
- 01332 786652